Senior Content Acquisition Manager, International TVApply NowApply Later Job ID oAewdfwh Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Mar. 01, 2021
Hulu’s Content Acquisition team is seeking a Senior Content Acquisition Manager, International TV who will be an exceptional addition to our TV content team. As a Senior Content Acquisition Manager, International TV, you will participate in the content acquisition process - tracking and evaluating programming opportunities, defining our US first-run TV and co-production content strategy through rigorous analysis of data, representing that strategy internally, identifying new opportunities and negotiating directly with our content partners, and working across the company to operationalize the deals our team has negotiated. This role demands someone who can blend quantitative output with a strong subjective filter to create actionable insights, dynamic interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively drive change - all at a breakneck pace.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead all aspects of the content strategy and acquisition process for US first-run TV and co-productions with non-domestic broadcasters (e.g., BBC, ITV, RTE)
- Formulate dynamic content strategies and communicate those strategies internally and externally
- Develop and own strategic relationships with content partners and negotiate licensing and co-production deals, working closely with the Hulu Originals team and the Business Affairs / Legal departments
- Track and vet new content for quality, appeal, and fit with our strategic Acquired and Originals programming strategies
- Work collaboratively with our Finance team to value content opportunities, and collaborate with Marketing, Scheduling, Product, and PR to ensure deal parameters of our negotiated deals are communicated and executed
- Complete long term and ad-hoc projects, including competitive analysis, to support the broader strategy of the Content Acquisition TV team and Hulu overall
WHAT TO BRING
- 8+ years of relevant work experience at either a major media or production company, with deep first-hand knowledge of the international content market, co-production and negotiation process, and all relevant content suppliers
- "Graduate-level" skill in quantitative analysis and data-driven storytelling
- Strong evidence of effective verbal and written communication
- Great business judgement, proven strategic thinking, and demonstrated consensus building skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and process management
- Ability to quickly get up-to-speed and thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently, often with little supervision or lack of established process
- Finely-honed sense of humor and willingness to participate in lively debates
- Experience on both the production and business side of the entertainment industry
- Fluency in a foreign language (Spanish preferred)
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.