Senior Content Strategy AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID oY8mffwr Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Apr. 27, 2021
Hulu’s Content Partnerships team is seeking an analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Content team. In this role, you will report into the Content Partnerships Strategy Team and be an integral part of the group responsible for leading strategic, operational, and analytical projects across the Content organization. You will provide operational and analytical support to inform key business decisions, find opportunities, and develop recommendations to inform our content acquisition strategy. You will be blending quantitative output with a strong subjective filter to create meaningful insights, all at a breakneck pace. The right person for this role is a self-starter with exceptional analytical abilities, a passion for operational rigor, and a demonstrated ability to drive business value through analytics. If you’re eager to shape Hulu’s content strategy in an ever-evolving streaming space, then this is the job for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Gather information from internal and external sources and synthesize into decks and presentations suitable for business leads and collaborators to make informed decisions
- Support the development and execution of Hulu’s content acquisition strategy, working with Content Acquisition Leads to determine what programming should be licensed
- Analyze usage metrics and user behaviors behind content consumption, using that data to drive deal-related decision-making and problem-solving
- Develop operational processes and best practices to ensure the team is operating efficiently and tracking against key business priorities
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product, PR, Distribution, Finance, Legal, Operations, Data and others to represent the Content perspective and drive cross-functional initiatives
- Perform research to support competitive intelligence and develop industry expertise.
- Complete long term and ad-hoc projects that drive efforts of the Content Acquisition team and Hulu’s content strategy
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years overall experience, with media/technology focus
- Exceptional attention to detail and advanced spreadsheet and presentation building skills
- Highly proficient in data visualization and utilizing data to drive decision-making with ability to connect business requirements to analytics techniques
- Passion for entertainment, TV and technology with a deep knowledge of the evolution of the digital/media industries
- Excellent relationship management, strong team building, and the ability to work across business units and functions
- Ability to prioritize, project manage and drive progress forward under pressured timelines
- Excellent communication skills with an effortless ability to tailor messages for both business and technical audiences; comfort in addressing informal team meetings and delivering prepared presentations to executives/external audiences
- Experience operationalizing analytics and insights into business processes
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.