Senior Data AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID P004242-R0010165 Location Santa Monica, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; New York, New York, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Sep. 27, 2021
The Hulu Data and Analytics organization is seeking a Senior Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Advanced Analytics, Content team. As Sr. Analyst, you will join our content team that applies analytical rigor to optimize our content portfolio.
The right person for this role has exceptional analytical capabilities, thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves problem-solving, is a strong communicator, and is passionate about television and movie content. If you are someone who gains personal satisfaction from utilizing data to drive business decisions and you’re eager to learn, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Apply advanced analytics techniques (data mining, data visualization, statistical analysis, machine learning) on large-scale, high-dimensional data to help drive business decisions
- Analyze customer behavior (e.g., genre preferences, viewing patterns) to identify unmet customer needs and untapped content opportunities
- Predict content engagement to help guide acquisition decisions
- Ideate and develop new metrics and KPIs, measuring content performance for both tactical and strategic decision-making
- Provide ad-hoc analysis support for stakeholders to help move the business forward
- Effectively communicate actionable results through compelling data storytelling across the organization
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent knowledge
- Expertise in SQL and R and/or Python
- Experience in statistical analysis and machine learning techniques: decision trees, regression, clustering etc.
- Demonstrated ability working independently and applying creativity in solving open-ended problems
- Outstanding data storytelling skills through verbal, written, and visual communication
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent knowledge
- A passion for Media and Entertainment
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.