Senior Data EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID P001518-R0009229 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Feb. 05, 2021
Our Data and Analytics team for Disney Streaming Services (DSS), a segment under the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is looking for a Senior Data Engineer. Data is essential for all our decision-making needs whether it’s related to product design, measuring advertising effectiveness, helping users discover new content or building new businesses in emerging markets. This data is deeply valuable and gives us insights into how we can continue improving our service for our users, advertisers and our content partners. Our Content Engineering team is seeking a highly hardworking Data Engineer with a strong technical background and passionate about diving deeper into Big Data to develop state of the art Data Solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Contribute to the design and growth of our Data Products and Data Warehouses around Content Performance and Content Engagement data.
- Design and develop scalable data warehousing solutions, building ETL pipelines in Big Data environments (cloud, on-prem, hybrid)
- Our tech stack includes Hadoop, AWS, Snowflake, Spark and Airflow
- Help architect data solutions/frameworks and define data models for the underlying data warehouse and data marts
- Collaborate with Data Product Managers, Data Architects and Data Engineers to design, implement, and deliver successful data solutions
- Maintain detailed documentation of your work and changes to support data quality and data governance
- Ensure high operational efficiency and quality of your solutions to meet SLAs and support commitment to our customers (Data Science, Data Analytics teams)
- Be an active participant and advocate of agile/scrum practice to ensure health and process improvements for your team
WHAT TO BRING
- 6+ years of data engineering experience developing large data pipelines
- Strong SQL skills and ability to create queries to extract data and build performant datasets
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems such as Spark, Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, Presto, PySpark) to query and process data
- Experience with at least one major MPP or cloud database technology (Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query)
- Nice to have experience with Cloud technologies like AWS (S3, EMR, EC2)
- Solid experience with data integration toolsets (i.e Airflow) and writing and maintaining Data Pipelines
- Familiarity with Data Modeling techniques and Data Warehousing standard methodologies and practices
- Good Scripting skills, including Bash scripting and Python
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- You are a problem solver with strong attention to detail and excellent analytical and communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.