Senior Data ScientistApply NowApply Later Job ID P006752-R0009774 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted May 07, 2021
The Data Science team at Disney Streaming Services combines deep data analysis and research of our rich user data to present a compelling vision around user retention and preferences across the vast ecosystem of our product offerings and content. We are the insights and modeling partners for the content, marketing, product, and engineering teams at Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+. As Data Scientists, we use data to empower decision-makers with information, predictions, and insights that ultimately influence the experiences of millions of users worldwide. If you are someone who loves to work cross-functionally, build models, perform statistical analysis, and create visualizations to provide scalable and iterative capabilities, then this is a fantastic role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Modeling: Apply state of the art machine learning and statistical analysis to develop models related to opportunity sizing, targeting, and optimization.
- Deep analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the service and content.
- Visualization of Insights: Development of prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, and robust analytics leading to impactful insights communicated clearly and visually.
- Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, data visualization, experimentation and data architecture.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Statistics)
- 5+ years related experience with developing machine learning models and conducting statistical analysis
- Deep understanding of machine learning concepts and statistical methods
- Ability to draw insights and conclusions from data to inform model development and business decisions
- Desire to collaborate with other data scientists, data analysts, and key business partners
- Proficient in analyzing data and developing ML models using Python (with ML frameworks like tensorflow, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Capable of reading and writing Object-Oriented code to review and implement modeling pipelines (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Understanding of SQL and distributed data technologies (Hive, Spark)
NICE TO HAVES
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Physics or related quantitative field (e.g. Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research)
- Working knowledge of Bayesian modeling and familiarity with probabilistic programming packages/language such as Stan, PyMC
- Experience fully integrating data science solutions into the business and operationalizing ML models
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.