Senior Financial Accounting Analyst - Content Accounting, HuluApply NowApply Later Job ID 988007BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 29, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We’re looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play.
- Own specific original content accounts, which includes the preparation and review of month-end close journal entries and supporting work paper reconciliations
- Account for the full lifecycle of titles, from development through launch, within a diverse portfolio of original series and films
- Review content licensing agreements to determine appropriate application of accounting policies
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of accounting data related to content licensing agreements, including key contractual terms, fees, and payment for appropriate capitalization and amortization
- Analyze contract information and gather transaction data to determine filmed content-specific accounting accruals, including participations and residuals
- Review and approve payments for original content titles based upon agreed terms
- Collaborate with the Content FP&A, Legal, and Production teams to obtain appropriate and timely data to support accounting records
- Liaise directly with Accounts Payable and/or third-party content partners regarding content remittance and other reporting
- Prepare and review key reporting schedules and financial statement footnotes and disclosures
- Preparing key financial statement disclosures associated to commitment obligations for licensed and original content
- Assist in special projects conducting market research, and preparing and standardizing analyses around historical and estimated viewership (e.g. model building, scenario testing etc.) to support critical content accounting policies
- Creating insightful presentations that summarize analysis and presenting them to groups of accounting and finance managers as well as executives to influence financial policies and decision-making
- Maintaining process documentation, including the design and implementation of key Sarbanes-Oxley controls surrounding the analysis of the company’s content amortization policy
- Managing other ad-hoc projects for the content accounting team
- 3 to 5 years of accounting/finance experience, with +2 years of Big 4 and/or entertainment industry experience
- Relevant accounting experience within the media and entertainment, with knowledge specific to ASC 920 and ASC 926
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods such as at month and year-end
- Knowledge of the Subscription Video on Demand industry
- Experience with cloud-based or ERP financial software such as MediaMorph, Adaptive Insights, Workday Financials and/or other business tools (e.g. Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Active CPA license
Required EducationBA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
Preferred EducationBA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu Enterprises, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Hulu Enterprises, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.