Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID oPmbdfwj Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Dec. 08, 2020
Hulu’s Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Accounting Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Corporate Accounting team. As a Senior Financial Accounting Analyst at Hulu, you will report to the Manager, Accounting – Corporate and have direct exposure to other Hulu Accounting Managers, Controller and other areas within Finance. We are looking for a professional with the resourcefulness to tackle any assignment, think through it, and readily grasp the most efficient and effective way to get to the goal. Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a well-rounded accounting background and is hardworking, self-directed, and willing to embrace a challenge.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in the ownership of the general ledger and the month-end close process related to corporate accounting, including the preparation and review of journal entries in key areas such as internally developed software, technology costs, and consulting fees
- Prepare and review work paper reconciliations for key balance sheet and expense accounts on a monthly or quarterly basis and perform fluctuation analyses
- Work directly with the Manager, Accounting – Corporate on ad hoc company initiatives
- Respond to inquiries regarding accounting related activities, and utilize judgment to address or call out issues as necessary
- Review contracts and other transactions for appropriate accounting treatment
- Support annual internal and external audits as necessary, through the preparation of audit schedules, financial statements and footnotes
- Play a key role in general process improvements and process documentation for all facets of the accounting cycle
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, with a mix of public and private preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that allow you to interact with Hulugans at all levels of the organization
- A dedicated, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a high sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as month and year-end
- Should be team oriented with a positive attitude and a fit with our Hulu culture
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, or similar field
- Workday Financials knowledge
- Industry experience
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.