Senior Financial Accounting Analyst - HuluApply NowApply Later Job ID 942513BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Collaboratively lead and project manage implementation of system driven accounting of new business initiatives
- Coordinate appropriate resources to meet testing deadlines, review testing results, and provide management with a synopsis of the testing results to aid in determining go/no-go decision making
- Review daily revenue and cost monitoring activities, perform research to identify issues, create requirements to correct issues, and apprise management of variances outside established thresholds
- Lead process improvement activities by collaborating with the technology teams to create requirements documents and assist in the implementation efforts
- Prepare reconciliation of user entitlements to ensure such user is appropriately recording subscription revenue and provide summary of findings to management
- Maintain and update SOX process documentation for the entire subscription accounting cycle
- Review and prepare support for audits including the annual financial statement audit as well as periodic Disney Management, SOX, partner audits, and tax requests
- Support the daily operational accounting functions of our subscription business, including the preparation of quarter-end journal entries and system and account reconciliations
- Drive ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Drive ad hoc projects as needed
- 3 to 5 years relevant accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Detail oriented while being able to think big picture
- Strong analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Organized, self-motivated, and comfortable working in fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Public accounting/auditing experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Industry experience in media and/or entertainment
- Experience with SAP financials
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.