Senior Full Stack Engineer, Ad Tech ( U.S. Remote )
Santa Monica, California, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 772492BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States; Atlanta, Georgia, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 03, 2021
Job Summary:The DMED Ad Platform integrates with thousands of advertisers, with over a billion ads served per month. Before being served to a viewer, each one of these ads goes through a sophisticated workflow involving sales and planning, targeting, trafficking, and quality control, to deliver maximum value to our advertisers while maintaining an engaging experience for viewers.
Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, we captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and are looking for people who are passionate about redefining advertising through collaboration, innovation, unconventional thinking, stellar execution, committed to lifelong learning and improving while still embracing fun. You’ll be joining a talented team that works interdependently toward aggressive goals to deliver technically sound solutions. We work to ensure that we share both accountability and credit as a team.
Ad Platform Engineering runs one of the largest proprietary video advertising platform on the Internet, with thousands of advertisers and billions of ads served per month! Our ad server makes thousands of decisions per second to optimize the value of each impression for both our advertisers and our viewers. The Ad Applications team is where we develop the tools our advertising and other business partners use to configure rules related to advertiser and content partners that decide (among other things) where, how many, and what type of advertising to show our viewers. Our system is composed of a complex network of both internal and external systems including streaming applications, 3rd party sales, order management, and metrics reporting and analyzing systems.
Responsibilities:As a Software Developer within the Ad Applications team, you will:
- Design and implement features for the Hulu Ad Manager, our self-service ad buying platform.
- Partner with the Product teams to understand their business needs and design outstanding and efficient solutions to complex business problems.
- Identify and drive improvements in engineering practices to ensure industry-leading system quality and team efficiency.
- Work with engineers on teams across the Hulu and Disney organizations to ensure that advertising works flawlessly across a wide array of devices and applications, and that data and metrics flow efficiently into reporting and financial systems.
- Building features in support of invoice and payment systems.
- Troubleshooting existing features and functionality across systems and services.
- API endpoint development
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proficiency in at least one widely used server-side programming language (Python or Java preferred.)
- Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Familiarity with large-scale distributed system design.
- Hand-on experience in one or more industry-leading database platforms, both relational and non-relational systems, preferably MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development.
- Spring Framework.
- Working in AWS, GCP or Azure, and with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
- Ability to trace data through varying systems and debug where issues occur.
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.