Senior Manager, Corporate AccountingApply NowApply Later Job ID oclAcfw3 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 10, 2020
Hulu’s Controllership team is seeking a Senior Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Corporate Accounting team. As a Senior Manager at Hulu, you will work closely with the Corporate Accounting Director and have direct exposure to the Controller and SVP of Finance. The right person for this role is someone who is dedicated, self-directed, and possesses an atypical high quality bar for themselves and their work product. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage the month-end and quarter-end close processes, including consolidating financial statements, preparing and reviewing journal entries and supporting reconciliations for key balance sheet and income statement accounts, as well as analyzing and explaining variances to prior periods
- Oversee the quarterly reporting requirements to Hulu's parent company, The Walt Disney Company, including transmitting financial activity across ERP systems, identifying related party transactions and performing intercompany eliminations, and submitting supplemental deliverables used to prepare Disney's SEC filings
- Assist with the preparation of documents for annual financial statement audits and quarterly review activities, periodic internal audits, and SOX/404 audits
- Supervise and develop a team of 1 manager and 5 senior/staff accountants
- Build relationships across multiple teams including FP&A, Technology, Procurement, Marketing, and Legal
- Lead various process improvement initiatives to gain operational efficiencies and automate manual tasks using ERP system capabilities
- Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
WHAT TO BRING
- 7 or more years of accounting experience, with at least 2-3 years in a Big Four public accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting/Finance from an accredited college or university required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP required
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Thrives in a dynamic environment that encourages multi-tasking, thinking creatively, and learning quickly
- Results-oriented with a high sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with the flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as quarter-end and year-end
- Must be team oriented with a positive attitude and a fit with our Hulu culture
- Active CPA license
- Industry experience in Technology and/or Media & Entertainment ideal
- Experience using Workday Financials, SAP, or comparable financial ERP system
- Previous experience managing employees
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.