Senior Manager, Product Management (Data Products)
Santa Monica, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID oMCZdfwk Location Santa Monica, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Hulu Date posted Feb. 17, 2021
Hulu’s Data team is seeking a Senior Manager, Data Product Management who will be an exceptional addition to our growing data product management team. In this role, you will lead and grow a team of talented and passionate product managers, responsible for delivering data products and solutions for one of Hulu’s verticals. The ideal candidate is a seasoned data product and career manager, capable of building talented, passionate, and engaged teams, and with a proven track record of managing several multi-year product roadmaps simultaneously. This candidate builds fantastic relationships across all levels of the organizations and is recognized as a problem solver that looks to elevate the work of everyone around them. If you are passionate about data and creating product and capabilities to democratize data across the organization, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Defines the vision, tenets, principles, and high-level priorities for large, sophisticated marketing data product workstreams (e.g. acquisition data strategy). In many cases drives requirements across other product manager domains.
- Manage, build, strengthen, and grow the data product team. Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
- Establish strong relationships in engineering, product, and business teams across Hulu while combining the voice and needs of the users and requirements to create both high-level roadmaps and detailed delivery plans
- Develop detailed product specifications with user scenarios, acceptance criteria, and success measures that are specific to data products – like product instrumentation, data storage, accessibility/usability via tools, data grain, and frequency – generally, reduce the number of assumptions that engineers have to make
- Ensure products/solutions are purpose-built to address core business questions and operational needs, actively bring the product back to the business model and strategy
- Be able to clearly articulate vision, important metrics, opportunities and challenges, and show how their team's work prioritization aligns with those goals and that of the broader data team
- Partner with analysts, data science, data engineering, UX, and program management teams to build requirements, develop, test, and deliver high-quality products and features that meet end-users' and internal business' needs
- Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including product testing, end-user education, rollout, iteration, and support
- Be responsible for the adoption of new features and capabilities across the organization!
WHAT TO BRING
- Minimum of 8+ years in product management and 5+years of managing and developing a team.
- Knowledge and experience with marketing technologies and systems is critical. (Salesforce, GA, multi-touch attribution, segmentation, campaign management, etc.)
- Developing leadership skills and ability to build and develop successful product teams
- Successful track record of building full-scale data solutions
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Experience and comfort solving problems in an ambiguous environment where there is constant change. Have the tenacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis techniques and familiarity with common data science models and approaches to problem-solving. Generally: the ability to plan for what analysts and data scientists need to deliver.
- Experience demonstrating leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and a standout colleague. C-Suite/Board communication skills.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Economics, or equivalent.
- Advance CS degree or MBA is a plus
- Shown experience in video streaming and OTT
- Experience with ThoughtSpot, Tableau or other visualization tools
- Experience with large scale enterprise applications using big data open-source solutions such as Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka, and Elastic Search / Solr
- Experience or knowledge of basic programming, machine learning, and DB's technologies (SQL, Python, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase, Oracle, MySQL)
- Management or Strategy consulting background
Additional Information:Data and Analytics
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.