Senior Manager, Product Management
Santa Monica, California, United States / Remote, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 860534BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / Remote, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jan. 04, 2022
Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Our combined Hulu and Disney team is looking for hardworking team players, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience.
The Developer Platform Engineering (DPE) department is a horizontal service team providing both tools and guidance across the Disney Streaming organization for operations in AWS. DPE strives to act as a productivity multiplier for applications teams, working closely with them to drive their adoption of AWS services and offering a “cloud-native” perspective on application architecture, infrastructure, and deployment strategies.The DPE Product Team is seeking a Senior Manager of Product Management to serve our Developer Platform Engineering department. This role will be focused on ensuring the optimal value of our internal developer platform is realized by engaging with DPE teams and their engineering customers to promote our tools/services while gathering, understanding and reacting to feedback. They will work closely with departmental architects and engineering managers to curate feedback, organizational priorities and industry trends into intra-departmental initiatives, and support engineering managers as they prioritize roadmaps for the products each team supports. You will be working with highly skilled and technical teams to improve tools and services on a cloud infrastructure at scale for hundreds of millions of users.
- Lead and manage a team of distributed Product Managers; effectively coaching, mentoring and growing their careers
- Partner with DPE managers and leads to build a solid understanding of our product and service offerings, as well as our internal customer and stakeholder needs
- Create a repeatable framework/process for DPE project teams to utilize for managing their customer relationships, outreach, and feedback
- Facilitate, coordinate, and socialize the high-level roadmap(s) within our developer platform engineering team and their customers
- Guide prioritization discussions of the many initiatives when needed, understanding competing deliverables
- Help define the key indicators of success for the Developer Platform
- Five or more years of Product Management experience in the developer platform space including managing people
- A desire to engage with an extraordinary developer community and to inspire engineering audiences to get engaged with an evolving developer platform
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, competing priorities, and shifting strategies
- Detail oriented and excellent communication skills; ability to direct technical discussions
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (CS, CE, EE) or equivalent experience
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of cloud infrastructure
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- A bias for action, the propensity to break down work, identify the highest value items, and iteratively deliver valuable improvements
- A detailed knowledge of Agile development practices and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-impact features at scale
- Leads and promotes a positive and sustainable work environment
- Experience with media technology in the live or on-demand streaming space
- Background managing platforms and tooling for internal customers
- Product or Project Management certification
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.