Senior Post Production ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID P000377-R0007173 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu is seeking a Senior Post Production Manager to supervise the post-production of select scripted and unscripted projects, including co-productions, films, documentaries, and specials. As a post production executive at Hulu, you will be a vital part of an original’s life cycle from greenlight, through production and post, to launch and beyond. You will support Hulu’s original content efforts by managing the general workflow and timeline of original projects and of assets between Hulu and our studio and production partners. You will build and maintain an efficient post-production workflow, oversee asset management and content delivery, and ensure Originals launch effectively on Hulu – while making sure we exceed our high-quality bar, offering our subscribers only the best entertainment experiences.
The right person for this role is flexible, self-directed, and accustomed to grace under pressure in lean environments. You are technical- and operations-minded and can tackle highly ambiguous problems in the post production space. If you are someone who balances multiple and diverse projects with a strong emphasis on organization, are diligent and quick on your feet – with the tenacity to find the impossible answers and highly innovative ways – then this is a great role for you!
What you'll do
- Oversee a high volume of projects in various phases of production across multiple time zones
- Work with studios, producers, production companies, and vendors through project lifecycle
- Develop and approve post-production budgets and schedules and disseminate updates to key stakeholders
- Forecast launch strategy for assigned projects
- Assess key show post staff and vendors
- Track episodic progress and manage the delivery of all assets from third party productions to Hulu
- Collaborate with various internal teams such as creative, production, business affairs, legal, finance, marketing, PR, and Tech to troubleshoot project challenges and ensure internal needs are fulfilled
- Work strategically and in partnership with internal teams to build, maintain, and improve internal and external processes, workflows, systems, and policies
What to bring
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in post-production
- Minimum of 3 years serving as a Post Production Supervisor on high-end projects and/or overseen multiple projects as a studio or network executive.
- Deep knowledge of post production processes including visual effects, editing, audio, and color
- Familiarization with the current trends and workflows across the industry for UHD, HDR, and Dolby Atmos
- Experience with global workflows and production crews
- Ability to master a variety of technical and content management systems
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Adept at anticipating potential issues, identifying problems, recommending and implementing solutions
- Experience training or mentoring others
- Flexibility for occasional travel, as needed
- BA/BS degree or equivalent industry-relevant experience
- Dedicated production experience
- Proficiency in Airtable
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft and Google suite
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.