Senior Product Manager, Billing
Santa Monica, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID oUGiffwR Location Santa Monica, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; San Francisco, California, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Hulu Date posted May. 11, 2021
We are looking for a product manager to help deliver the best consumer-facing commerce services in the world. As part of the rapidly growing Platform Product team, you will be tasked with defining and supporting key aspects of our commerce experiences, including overseeing invoicing, recurring billing optimization, and revenue recognition.
This role functions as a day-to-day liaison between business, data and analytics, technology, and product organizations to maximize commerce objectives.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, makes data-driven decisions, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establishes product strategy for feature/services that enable customer invoicing, recurring billing optimization, and revenue recognition
- Empowers internal teams and customers with transactional data and billing history in a transparent and easy to understand format
- Provide domain expertise and leadership for billing related products, features, and functionality to serve business and customer needs
- Work cross-functionally with members of the product team, revenue recognition team, legal teams, data & analytics teams, localization team and more, to identify requirements for new features that ensure compliance
- Maintain all necessary JIRA tasks, boards, and detailed documentation across teams, as well as all necessary communication to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, marketing, product leadership, analytics, and business insight teams on objectives and business requirements
- Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
- Develop a product roadmap that accomplishes business/customer goals and aligns with the team charter
WHAT TO BRING
- You have at least 5 years of product management experience. Subscription service experience preferred.
- You have experience working with billing/invoicing products
- You have experience working with an internationally distributed digital product
- You have familiarity with the streaming video industry and understand the different value propositions that all the market leaders offer their customers
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time
- You're an analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
- You're familiar with working on projects with distributed teams, making use of technology and process to overcome the challenges of working with remote staff
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.