Senior Product Manager, Content Metadata Supply ChainApply NowApply Later Job ID 874795BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 17, 2021
The Media Product team is seeking a Product Manager to evolve Disney Streaming’s content metadata supply chain which powers our global streaming products: Disney+, Hulu, Star+, and ESPN+. These are the vessels that carry high-quality sports and entertainment content from creators to viewers, and metadata is essential to delivering our premium content experience globally.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ideal candidate makes data-driven decisions, prioritizes customer needs, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
- Deliver new and innovative content-driven user-facing features for live and on-demand video alongside our partners in Disney+, Star+ and Hulu product teams as well as engineering and operations teams.
- Sustain and evolve the supply chain responsible for acquiring descriptive metadata and images from first-party and third-party sources.
- Manage a robust and curated content library by matching various data sets into a single source of truth for downstream consumers.
- Evolve the content supply chain and content catalog to support the needs of new content types and libraries.
- Take a data driven approach to constantly improve the product - devise measurement and reporting frameworks and processes to communicate status to neighbors and stakeholders, as appropriate to each.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to translate product requirements into actionable stories using an Agile product development process.
- Maintain strategic insight into the latest industry trends and working groups for content metadata.
- You have 3+ years experience in product management, operations, or program management within video streaming or related industries
- You have working knowledge of the media content delivery process (playable components, metadata, images).
- You have a viewer-first mentality and strong opinions about good customer experience.
- You have a demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations.
- You have demonstrated success building and executing product roadmaps aligned with business requirements and technology capabilities in global businesses.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You are scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
- You have demonstrated the ability to work with engineering teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas.
- Understanding of media supply chain frameworks and standards (MovieLabs Digital Distribution Framework, CableLabs, SCTE-224).
- Video encoding and packaging product management or hands-on operations experience.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.