Senior Product Manager II - Programmatic
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 874750BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
Job Summary:As a Senior Product Manager II, within the Ad Platform technology team at DMED, you will be a part of the team redefining TV advertising. You will be responsible for establishing the strategy and drive execution to establish the future of The Walt Disney Company’s CTV programmatic business. The right person for this role can identify business value, solve complex problems, concisely articulate solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders and ultimately drive results. If you are someone who can drive technical strategy and bring a passion for building the future of advertising technology, at a fast pace, this is a great role for you.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Drive product strategy and plan for the digital advertising platform including non-guaranteed programmatic strategy, programmatic tooling, and optimizations
- Own product roadmap and delivery execution of advertising initiatives, aligning stakeholders, and driving results
- Partner with our Ad Operations, Technical Operations, and Billing to understand the use cases needed to support the programmatic channel
- Responsible for product prioritization, including value identification, cost savings and progress against the broader business strategy
- Work with Business Development and Programmatic Partners to ensure marketplace alignment
- Maintain expected standards across the team for product specifications, backlog health, and consumable user stories for engineering partners
- Product owner for a Scrum team by participating agile ceremonies, responsible for prioritization, backlog refinement, and feature definition
- Hold a deep compassion for our users, and creatively tackle problems with a viewer-first mentality
- Evaluate and recommend investments to maximize the financial results of the product portfolio
- Collaborate with other product managers to drive innovation in platform services including core ad serving, targeting, measurements, operational data store and BI
- Enumerate and identify clear business critical metrics for setting annualized objectives and partnering with GTM and financial planning to meet them
- Partner with the Platform Operations team to optimize the ongoing health and financial viability of our product line
- Partner with Engineering organization to execute against the product roadmap, delivering on the needs of the business
- 7+ years of product management experience, highly preferred from established technology or digital media company
- Extensive knowledge of programmatic advertising, including SSPs, DSPs, header bidding, and SSAI
- Proven experience and success in a product role with the ability to demonstrate a record of success
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of tech and non-tech partners
- Ability to influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a sophisticated, always-changing environment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.