Senior Product ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 767215BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 31, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The right candidate for this role must be self-motivated with demonstrated experience in data analysis and deep sense of user empathy. Knowledge of digital advertising and streaming TV will also position a candidate for success. This role will partner closely with our technology, finance, sales, and operations teams to assess impact and value for supply strategies.
- Lead investigation of supply optimization strategies to balance advertising opportunity with a viewer-first experience
- Design, implement, and analyze experiments to identify revenue opportunities for inventory utilization
- Prioritize and balance ROI across a broad cross-organization portfolio of supply driving opportunities.
- Partner with data science team members to derive insights from experimental findings.
- Author policy, strategy, and product recommendations based on supply insights.
- Collaborate with other product managers to ideate supply-driving innovation in platform services including core ad serving, targeting, measurements, operational data store and BI.
- Hold a deep compassion for our users, and creatively tackle problems with a viewer-first mentality.
- Enumerate and identify clear business critical metrics for setting annualized objectives and partnering with GTM and financial planning to meet them.
- Partner with Disney Finance, Sales, and Operations teams to disseminate learnings and align on unified policies for supply utilization.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 7+ years of product management experience, highly preferred from established technology or digital media company.
- Unwavering bias for execution and follow-through alongside diverse cross functions without formal authority.
- Strong quantitative and logical acumen to operate as a trusted partner to data scientists. Able to vet rationale of takeaways and guide investigations.
- Ability to creatively tie product capabilities to supply-driving opportunity through understanding of ad serving, ad decisioning, delivery optimization, and machine learning applications.
- Proven experience and success in a product role with the ability to demonstrate a record of success.
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of tech and non-tech partners.
- Seasoned analytical communicator able to synthesize nuanced observations into clear and essential insights for executive audiences.
- High proficiency with Excel.
- SQL experience a plus.
- MBA or technical degree preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.