Senior Security Automation Engineer
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 778697BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 01, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences.
The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives. GIS teams are located in Seattle, Burbank, and Orlando.
In this role you roll you will be a part of GIS- Hulu Information Security Operations team is seeking a Security Automation Engineer who will be an outstanding addition to our department. In this role, you will be engineering solutions and automations for Hulu's and Disney Streaming Service's Information Security Operations team. The right person for this role is passionate about security engineering and automation. If you are someone who is ready to solve complex problems, prefer a challenging work environment, then this is a great role for you!
- Develop custom Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) framework to automate the SOC workflow of the SecOps team
- Develop automation tools for incident response
- Apply knowledge of monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to Cyber events to develop methods and technology to triage incident types and enhance our threat hunting capabilities
- Work closely with SecOps teams to develop and integrate custom playbooks, use cases and workflows
- Work with other developers on the InfoSec team on a variety of security automation projects (e.g. code analysis, vulnerability triaging, etc.)
- Develop schemes and technology to secure and monitor new technologies as they are onboarded
- Create resources, documentation, and training materials to help both the security operations and development engineering teams
- 3+years of developing custom SOAR platforms and security automation
- 3+years of experience working with Incident Response or Security Operations Center (SOC) teams triaging for IT enterprise (email, endpoint security, firewalls, network security, IPS/IDS, etc.) and cloud environments
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Evaluate cutting edge security technologies, create proof-of-concepts and drive them towards adoption
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud environments (development/architecture)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to author and present materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to a high-level audience and training
- Familiarity with DevOps practices, including CI/CD pipelines and tools
- Contributed to open source projects
- Previous experience with cybersecurity: SIEM, IPS/IDS, HIDS/NIDS, Networking, WAFs, Edge/endpoint security systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field
- AWS Certifications (e.g. AWS Certified Developer Associate, AWS SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Security Specialty, AWS Advanced Networking Specialty) or Security certifications (CompTIA Security+, GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), or EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH) Certification)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.