Senior Software Engineer - Accounting OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10002193 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 19, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
Hulu’s Subscription Lifecycle team is seeking a Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our Tech team. As a Software Developer at Hulu, you will learn more about the Subscription Lifecycle by understanding the complex Subscription, Billing, Payments and Accounting Platforms. The right person for this role is a strong Software Developer who is interested in tackling challenging problems. If you are someone who enjoys cross-team collaboration, then this is a great role for you.
- Work closely with Product owners, Technical program managers, and our Subscription Accounting team
- End to end ownership of backend services
- Build robust and scalable micro-services that integrate with Hulu's core services and provide a full accounting integration
- Define technical and operational critical metrics to measure health
- Challenge our team and software to be even better
- Support the Subscription Accounting team in their day to day operations
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Scala, SQL, or Python
- Experience with Agile and Scaled Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strive for excellence and strong analytical skills
- Experience with database technologies (Hive, Presto, MySQL)
- Hadoop/Spark or map-reduce jobs
- Working with accounting or financial teams
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.