Senior Software Engineer In Test
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 773766BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 11, 2021
Job Summary:The DMED team in Santa Monica is seeking a Sr. Software Development in Test Engineer to join our Advertising Platform team to build test automation and processes to ensure the quality of our advertising systems. When our systems work properly, they are able to reliably deliver relevant ads to all of our viewers; driving higher revenue for our business and helping our customers to discover brands and products that are relevant to their interests. Defects in our ad systems can negatively impact revenue and deliver advertisements that detract from the viewer experience due to irrelevance, repetition and other factors. This is a unique opportunity to join an excellent team and have a meaningful impact on the QE and automation process and culture, as well as the products we release. As a result, those most likely to excel in this role are independent, creative, and able to operate effectively in ambiguous circumstances. If you are interested in a testing role with a heavy emphasis on automated testing where the results of your testing will have significant impact on the business and be highly visible to company leadership, then this might be the right opportunity for you!
- Work closely with Software Engineers to understand the complex advertising ecosystem in place at DMED
- Develop automated test frameworks and suites on UI, API and Integration levels of testing using python or other OO language
- Participate in design discussions for our platform to help evolve the platform in a way that enables richer testing scenarios that simplify defect detection and prevention
- Assist with triage, diagnosis, and resolution of issues discovered across teams.
- Contribute to end-to-end acceptance tests
- Where necessary, develop and execute manual test cases to detect issues that cannot be detected through automated means
- Drive the conversion of manual tests to automated whenever possible
- Part of product teams in building architectures which are robust, fault-tolerant, and cloud- native. Builds solutions for problems of sizeable scope and complexity that have been successfully deployed to customers/users. Influences and drives software engineering best practices within the team
- Technically lead and deliver multiple projects utilizing an Agile methodology while reviewing team member’s code. Participates in developing technical and/or business approaches; and new/enhanced technical tools.
- Owns the design of software programs or systems within the team, and within the organization. Writes codes that establishes and enhances frameworks. Reviews code for the design, testability and clear usability. Builds solutions that scale and perform. Identifies opportunities to improve the system/product/services with each iteration.
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on software test development experience, including both functional and non-functional test development
- Passion around driving best practices in the testing space
- Proficiency with Python or other OO language
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and agile approaches
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
- Experience building or improving test automation frameworks.
- Proficiency CICD integration and pipeline development in Jenkins, Spinnaker or other similar tools.
- Proficiency in UI automation (Selenium, Robot, Watir)
- Experience in Gherkin ( BDD /TDD )
- Willingness to take challenges head on while being part of a team
Required EducationB.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.