Senior Software Engineer - ObservabilityApply NowApply Later Job ID 939734BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Mar. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Hulu’s Developer Success team, part of our larger Observability organization, is seeking a motivated Senior Software Engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. Our team is responsible for building out new tooling and processes on top of our Observability Platform to support our diverse dev teams and business needs. The team also works closely with the other Observability org teams to provide platform developer support, develop new observability standards, and provide documentation and training to empower our internal users.
The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for observability, scalability, efficiency, and reliability. If you are someone who gets excited by distributed tracing or has a passion for good DevOps practices and excellent documentation, then this is an excellent role for you. Come join our team and help build our amazing Observability platform while revolutionizing streaming TV!
- Support and utilize DataDog at a sophisticated level.
- Engage with product development teams to support their needs.
- Build observability standards that encompass varied use cases in order to empower the platform to benefit as many users as possible.
- Develop and maintain internal tooling and glue that powers our platform
- Proactively watch the latest industry trends and stay up-to-date on the cutting-edge technologies, to help keep Hulu a leader in the field.
- Have a lot of fun!
- 5+ years of software development experience designing and building scalable, fault-tolerant, high-uptime distributed systems from the ground up.
- 5+ years of Application Observability experience including APM, custom metrics, tracing, and logging - Datadog experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a team-focused approach towards software development.
- Strong proficiency in several widely used server-side programming languages, especially Golang, Python, and Java.
- Native to Linux, cloud, containerization, and infrastructure as code - AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform preferred.
- Strong passion for automation, testing, and code quality.
- Motivation to take initiative and own projects.
- Experience working in a mix of AWS and Enterprise data center environments (hybrid cloud).
- Experience working with large-scale real-time systems.
Additional Information:Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.