Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead - Offer Services
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID P006719-R0009722 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted May. 12, 2021
Disney Streaming (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+) is looking for a hardworking Senior Software Engineer to join the Offer Services team.
The team is responsible for orchestrating the user flow and integrating with various other backend services during signups for Disney Streaming Products. We sit in the path of user registration and orchestrate the flows through various internal services to determine right offers and eligibility for users signing up for Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ and Star+ . We are a Tier 1 service that needs to be highly available in all regions.
This is a team based out of the Santa Monica office. We are a fast paced and fast growing team, where you will have influence over the technical direction and architecture for the services and tools built by the team. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of billing, payments, subscriptions, offers and promotions as our streaming services launch around the world over the next few years.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement microservices in Java, Python and/or Scala for Offer Management Platform
- Implement asynchronous processes in Java to run in the cloud for various data transformation operations.
- Implement scalable & flexible cohorting framework in order to be able to target any granular group of users for particular promotions or other business needs.
- Build and enhance services to manage life cycle for redemption codes and gift cards
- Work on building an orchestration layer for all incoming service calls to orchestrate and gather information from various internal microservices and build abilities such as retries, error handling etc.
- Work on tech design and architecture for various projects such as data modelling and building scalable backend service solutions
- Be involved in code reviews and architecture review for team members
- Participate in Agile methodology and SCRUM processes such as Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Daily Standups and Retrospectives with the team
What to bring
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with proven experience in backend development.
- Proficient in designing and implementing large scale distributed systems.
- Experience working with at least one Object Oriented Language like Java (or JVM variant languages like Scala, Kotlin), Python, PHP or others.
- Functional programming experience.
- Experience working with cloud providers or cloud technologies.
- In-depth experience working on relational and/or noSQL databases.
- Previous experience taking ownership of features/functionality and delivering projects end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with multi-functional business partners
- Ability to investigate any technical component as well as understand and drive the overall systems architecture.
Nice to haves
- Previous work with distributed teams.
- Functional programming experience.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new domains and technologies.
- Knowledge/experience with AWS products and services
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.