Sr Software Eng Tech Lead
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID oT5lffwi Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jun. 10, 2021
Disney Streaming (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+) is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead to join the Payments team.
This team manages the payments of millions of customers and is responsible for integrating with different payment processors. This payment engine is our multi-tenant system which handles the payment processing for Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu and our upcoming Star. We own a set of Tier 1 services which are needed to be highly available, scalable and resilient.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are a fast paced and fast-growing team, you will have influence over the technical direction and architecture for the services and tools built by the team. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of payments as we keep rapidly growing our streaming services around the world over the next few years.
WHAT TO BRING
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 7 to 10 years of experience in backend development.
- Proficient in designing and implementing large scale distributed systems.
- Experience working with at least one Object Oriented Language like Java (or JVM variant languages like Scala, Kotlin), Python, PHP or others.
- Knowledge/experience with AWS products and services (EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, RDS, ElastiCache, CloudFront, etc.) or other cloud providers.
- In-depth experience working on relational and/or noSQL databases.
- Previous experience taking ownership of features/functionality and delivering projects end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with multi-functional business partners
- Ability to investigate any technical component as well as understand and drive the overall systems architecture.
NICE TO HAVE’S
- Functional programming experience.
- Previous work with distributed teams.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new domains and technologies.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.