Lead Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 869681BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 01, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
As the point of contact for the security engineering teams, you will be tasked with creation and utilization of critical datasets related to security and compliance. Using that newfound knowledge, you will own comprehensive software frameworks used across all of engineering. These tools will help reduce our risk around the security and compliance posture of our clients and services.
- Provide captivating solutions, frameworks, and measurement of engineering systems.
- Redefine engineering requirements and models to resolve discontinuity of disparate systems
- Coordinate and contribute to cross engineering security tools and analysis
- Discover opportunities for security innovation and improvements across the entire engineering space
- Strong proficiency in any one of the modern program languages such as Go, C++, Rust, Java, C#, Kotlin, Swift, Python, or Scala (4+ years)
- Production experience with SDLC processes (GitHub) and config-based deployment practices (YAML, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Minimum four years of experience in industry
- Experience with AWS Architecture (Lambda, SNS/SQS Messaging, API gateway, S3, ECS)
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools - e.g., Maven, Jenkins 2, Ansible, GITHUB, Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker
- Familiarity with recent innovative data platforms such as Databricks, Snowflake, Datadog, Splunk
- Some experience building security tools and creating frameworks to improve the security of cloud services.
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:The pay range for this position is $126,000 to $173,250 per year, however, base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.