Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 884026BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
Responsibilities:WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop software & infrastructure that powers the Hulu.com account management experience
- Support and mentor developers through code reviews, knowledge-sharing, and technical leadership
- Collaborate with Product Managers to distill requirements into design and technical specifications
- Partner with UX to transform mock-ups into engaging, accessible web experiences
Basic Qualifications:WHAT TO BRING:
- Solid understanding of web technologies and the browser environment
- Excellent front-end debugging skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience shipping a production React/Node.js application
- Experience with developing applications in cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of web accessibility fundamentals
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.