Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 897692BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 09, 2022
Disney Streaming is looking for a motivated Senior Software Engineer to join the Growth Life Engineering team.
The Growth Lifecycle engineering group is responsible for orchestrating the customer flow and integrating with various other backend services during signups for Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu. We own and support many tier-1 services that need to be highly available in all regions.
We are a fast-paced and fast-growing team, where you will have influence over the technical direction and architecture for the services and tools built by the team. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of billing, payments, subscriptions, offers, and promotions as our streaming services launch around the world over the next few years.
- Design and implement tier-1 microservices in Java and/or Scala.
- Implement asynchronous processes to run in the cloud for various data transformation operations.
- Work on tech design for various initiatives and projects as per business needs.
- Be involved in code reviews and architecture reviews for team members.
- Participate in Agile methodology and SCRUM processes such as Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Daily Standups, and Retrospectives with the team.
- Provide on-call support for critical services on a rotational basis.
- Own features/functionality and deliver projects end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
- Communicate and work with multi-functional business partners.
- Ramp up on new domains and technologies.
- Experience in backend server-side development
- Knowledge of at least one object-oriented language.
- Experience working with cloud providers.
- Familiarity with databases (SQL and no-SQL)
- Experience investigating technical components and taking ownership of feature development.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.