Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 907789BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
WHAT TO BRING
- Strong passion for building stable, well-tested applications and packages in a collaborative environment
- 5+ years of experience developing large, well-tested applications
- Excellent debugging skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for new technologies, languages, frameworks, and platforms
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
NICE TO HAVES
- Expertise using Golang to build Web services, APIs, and CLI tools.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, and/or Terraform
- Experience with other popular languages (Node, Java, Scala, Python)
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.