Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 964761BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted May 11, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- Develop tools to unlock developer productivity with a strong focus on automation, scalability, and simplicity
- Build, deploy, and maintain highly available and fault-tolerant services at scale
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of our internal infrastructure
- Identify, evaluate, deploy, and troubleshoot open source tools and technologies
- Troubleshoot performance and system problems, identify and implement solutions
- Advocate DevOps tools and best practices among the development teams
- Robust understanding of systems engineering concepts (scaling, high availability, fault tolerance, etc.)
- Excellence in one or more programming languages (Python preferred, shell, Ruby, and/or Go are all desirable)
- Expertise with writing REST APIs, unit tests, integration tests, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Proficient with Unix/Linux fundamentals (sockets/IPC, processes/threads, TCP/IP)
- Strong emphasis on automation and infrastructure-as-code paradigms
- Able to work independently while knowing when to ask for help or clarification
- 7+ years of relevant system engineering/system administration experience
- Familiar with infrastructure automation tools, e.g., Salt, Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.
- Experience with VMware, XenServer, or OpenStack
- Conversant with NoSQL/SQL databases, e.g., MongoDB, DocumentDB, MySQL, Postgres
- Knowledge of security/compliance technology, e.g., TLS, OWASP, SOX, PCI
- Exposure to AWS
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related degree
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Hulu.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.