Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 979998BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
- Design and deliver highly-performant, scalable, resilient systems while contributing to the continuous improvement of systems and architecture.
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to specify, design and implement solutions for our customers and business partners.
- Write, test and release elegant software systems using a mix of technologies including: Scala, Java, Akka, Python, AWS including: Kinesis, DynamoDB, and Lambda.
- Contribute to on-call rotation and support the SRE and Operations teams for the team’s services.
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- At least 2+ years of experience programming with Java and/or Scala.
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience in continuous delivering to production data systems.
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation, documentation, and observation.
- Strong customer focus with a desire for establishing and improving product quality.
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both implementation and architecture.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.