Senior Subscriber Data AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 960927BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 22, 2022
This role supports the Hulu business and requires a proactive approach with strong financial acumen and analytical skills. You will be responsible for formulating hypothesis, extract relevant data and draw actionable insights to solve business problems. You will collaborate with the Product, Marketing, Distribution and Tech teams to support projects that impact multiple business.
The ideal person for this role needs to have a solid understanding of relational databases and big data platforms, as well as expert level knowledge of SQL scripting and data visualization.
- Utilize complex datasets to address questions around subscriber growth, user experience & engagement
- Leverage SQL to perform data profiling, cleaning, and validation exercises
- Understand requirements for reports/dashboards to help team organize data insights on customer behavior and health
- Build initial frameworks for financial models and ad hoc analyses to help prioritize initiatives and solutions that address business questions from key stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Product, Marketing, Distribution and Tech teams to support projects that impact multiple business groups and directly affect user base
- Extract and organize insights that will inform acquisition opportunities, retention tactics, and user conversion
- Structure and build automated self-service tools using ETL data pipelines
- Develop and leverage statistical models to drive analysis and unlock insights
- Develop presentations to tell stories with data and recommend actionable insights
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering or Data Analysis role
- Expert SQL skills for complex querying and optimization
- Experience with data exploration and visualization tools like Tableau or Looker
- Experience with working in Big-Data environments (Hive, Presto, Snowflake)
- Solid understanding of statistics and statistical concepts (Regression, Time series, etc.)
- Familiarity with data warehousing and data engineering concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly present findings
- Organized, self-driven and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment across multiple stakeholders
- A good understanding of the entertainment industry and Direct-to-Consumer business models, preferably with a focus on revenue drivers
- Experience with statistical analysis tools (R, Python) or programming languages
- BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.