Senior System Application AdministratorApply NowApply Later Job ID 955500BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / Remote, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 03, 2022
- Support the installation, upgrade, maintenance, or provisioning of enterprise applications. This includes installing new software releases and system upgrades, evaluating and installing application patches, and conducting application migrations, refreshes, and restores.
- Performs troubleshooting and resolves complex technical problems which include applications, databases, and server problems. Collaborate and work with IT Services and technical staff to identify and resolve critical system issues to minimize impact to business operations.
- Evaluates and ensures the performance and reliability of the applications by monitoring these systems for high availability, load balancing, and satisfactory response time using third-party tools.
- Interface with the software vendors for any application bug resolution or application maintenance issues.
- Plans, creates, and maintains the appropriate documentation, inventory assessments, and procedures related to administration of the applications, system and network (connectivity) architecture, system and database backup policies.
- Communicates positively and effectively with customers, coworkers, and stakeholders to understand administrative needs and resolve support issues.
- Learns and adapts quickly to new situations and changing priorities.
- Understand a variety of different business needs and processes used by Hulu and recommend automation of business processes where appropriate.
- Supports specific applications that include but are not limited to: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Jira, Confluence, Airtable, Trello, Tableau, Smartsheet, Monday, Roadmunk, Clarizen, WalkMe, Box, etc.
- Coordinate requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment for in-house projects as well as those outsourced to a consulting partner.
- Design and implement processes to ensure data integrity and standardization.
- Build, develop and maintain custom integrations (out-of-box and custom scripts) with 3rd party applications via SOAP and REST APIs
- Configure, build, develop and deploy required fixes and enhancements on Salesforce and/or ServiceNow platform
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- 2-5 years of responsibility with relevant Information Technology work experience related to the administration and support of Enterprise wide applications, databases and servers, IT systems and infrastructure, programming and/or operations.
- Methods and procedures involved in the technical administration of software applications which includes the installation, configuration, patching, troubleshooting, documentation and coordination.
- Strong experience in supporting and maintaining enterprise level applications.
- Ability to work on multiple, time-critical projects simultaneously
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge in the areas of IT infrastructure components such as server, storage, network, database, virtualization, operating systems and cloud technology.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in troubleshooting application issues and problem resolution in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including presentation of complex data in easily understood ways and strong data visualization skills.
- Proficient in documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or related field i.e. data science.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.