Senior Technical Program Management Lead
Santa Monica, California - United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID o8lAcfwZ Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 10, 2020
Hulu’s Platform Engineering team is seeking a Senior Technical Program Management Lead who will be an excellent addition to our team. Voted the #1 company in Los Angeles by Hired, Hulu continues its staggering exponential growth and is on the path to become the number one choice for TV in and out of the home. As a result, we seek to continuously improve and scale our ability to deliver an extraordinary viewer experience.
This involves building platforms that can be consumed and contributed to by all service teams at Hulu. You will be a part of the team that counts the entire tech organization as their customers and is driven to meet their needs. Do you share a real passion for working behind the scenes to help provide the best experience possible to the millions of Hulu viewers? Do you thrive in a team environment and gain happiness accomplishing challenging initiatives that span across Hulu Tech? Then we believe this an awesome role for you and we'd love to hear from you.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a team of highly motivated technical program managers, while being detail oriented and hands on. Team members might be across office and remote
- Actively coach and mentor team members which enables your team to embody Hulu values and support their career development. Lead by example and build trust.
- Partner with engineering leads to continually evolve processes and supervise team health.
- Develop and improve the program management and planning processes for effective throughput.
- Be the bridge between Product and Engineering team, ensuring your teams are able to breakdown and or challenge the requirements and even proposed solutions.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure visibility and alignment. Be a communication powerhouse to ensure the entire organization knows what the team is working on.
- Drive consensus within engineering teams and between business and technologies.
- You'll always be looking down the road to identify and minimize risks before they become a problem.
- You'll have a point of view, but won't overpower the room or have an ego.
- About 5 years of shown success in technical program management demonstrating a love of experimenting, building and learning new things.
- 2+ years of experience in people management and team leadership
- Expert knowledge of agile and lean software development methodologies.
- A strong process toolkit and the ability to apply it
- Innate ability to establish relationships and champion effective collaboration.
- Ability to lead concurrent projects, partner with multiple customers, and build consensus.
- Solid understanding of program management tools such as Trello, Jira, and Confluence.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Always transparent, you actively communicate and raise awareness of everything you’re working on.
- Communication tools that allow you to effectively tell your team's story to a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners.
- Understanding of how network, systems, application platform and monitoring capabilities power an amazing customer experience.
- Formal training in Agile/Scrum; certification a plus.
- Prior experience with Edge engineering & API Gateway systems, AWS, Datadog APM, Spinnaker, Terraform, etc, or other such cloud monitoring or continuous delivery platforms.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.