Social Insights ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID PTG - Social Insights Manager Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 17, 2021
Hulu’s Consumer and Market Insights team is seeking a Social Insights Manager who will be an outstanding addition to our CMI team. As a Social Insights Manager at Hulu, you will help own the definition and tracking of social media's impact on key business objectives. Using the industry's leading social media analytics tools, you will craft insightful analysis' using data gleaned from social media conversations and habits to help drive the business forward. Your focus is to work with the Social Insights Lead in designing, interpreting, and translating social data into comprehensive reports. This role is for someone passionate about Social Media Insights that can be derived, and who is a pro at balancing and prioritizing multiple sophisticated projects at once! The right person will have expertise across most of the following key areas: social media monitoring and listening, influencer identification, campaign evaluation, and online competitive research.
What you’ll do
- Plan and implement social listening and insights projects by monitoring conversations and trends. You will be the authority in understanding how consumers react to Hulu's brand and content
- Build cross-functional partnerships across the organization to ensure that the Social Consumer’s voice is being represented
- Provide social insights and recommendations to internal partners regarding the performance of our Brand, Original series, films/documentaries, and the product
- Partner with Social Insights Lead and vendors to develop strategic research projects across the entire business
- Develop and establish performance and measurement benchmarks
- Work closely with Brand Social teams to identify cultural moments that Hulu can highlight through its social media presence.
- Build insightful materials to help the social teams with reporting and standard methodology and techniques
- Drive our ability to advance the efficiency of social content across various platforms
- Stay on top of television, OTT, and social media news, trends, and tools
WHAT TO BRING
- 4+ years of Social Media Analytics and Insights experience, preferably within the media and entertainment industry
- Highly motivated and able to work within strict time constraints while balancing multiple projects
- A clear written and verbal communicator who can interact at all levels of the organization
- Expertise with a variety of social insight methodologies and their applications
- Desire to continuously learn and evolve social insights
- Passionate about Social Insights, Television, Marketing, Emerging Media, and Technology
- Strategic problem-solver with strong attention to detail and project management
- A teammate who thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment!
- Can bring a valuable perspective to every discussion and is highly curious
- PowerPoint, Excel as well as Google doc/slides expertise
- Proficient user with best-in-class Social Media Tools (e.g. ListenFirst, NetBase, Helixa preferred)
- Adept with social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, TikTok
- BA/BS preferred with a strong academic record
- A mix of agency, vendor, and client-side Social Media Insights experience
- Experience at a Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) streaming service or related industry
- Experience with primary research methodologies and analysis
- Familiarity with creating dashboards in Tableau
Additional Information:Marketing and PR
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.