Software Developer - Accounting
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID oVz7efwz Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Apr. 02, 2021
The Hulu team in Santa Monica is seeking a Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our join our Accounting team. The team is responsible for building a state of the art accounting platform for accepting hundreds of thousands of recurring transactions every day and generating journal entries based on various accounting rules. Other responsibilities include tracking various subscription related metrics, integrating with various third party systems for generating/reconciling reports - all while managing the scalability and reliability of our homegrown systems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop software that powers our robust and scalable accounting platform
- Build and implement a large-scale and real-time data process using Spark/Hadoop and AWS infrastructure
- Work closely with Product owners and Technical Program Managers
- Use a mix of technologies including Scala, Kotlin and Java
WHAT TO BRING
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Proficiency with at least one programming language, preferably Java
- Knowledge of Apache Spark, Hadoop and Kafka
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience with Agile and Scaled Agile methodologies
- Familiar with databases like mysql, DynamoDB, Postgres, HDFS, Hive
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Excellent communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Strive for excellence and strong analytical skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.