Software Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 914967BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Jan. 23, 2022
Disney Streaming’s Growthlife QA team is seeking a Software Development Engineer (Test) who will be an extraordinary addition to our team!
We are building next generation of APIs for backend services that power subscriptions, promotions, partnerships, invoicing, entitlements, payments, and accounting, and as an SDET at Disney Streaming, you will play an integral role in defining test strategies, building test automation, investigating/reporting issues, and collaborating across the Engineering teams to release quality software with high confidence in the pursuit of delighting our subscribers. You will be contributing to delivering service platform enhancements to our Disney+, ESPN+, Star+, and Hulu products. You will set up and enhance test automation frameworks and engineer efficient, scalable, and maintainable test infrastructure.
The right person has a strong attention to detail, is intellectually curious, takes accountability and ownership for the definition and delivery of high-quality work. The right person also demonstrates a strong sense of collaboration in their work and professional relationships, clearly and thoughtfully communicates in their areas of expertise, identifies problems, and acts strategically to craft a solution, and empathizes with and advocates for the needs of customers. If you are someone who effectively moves between high-level concepts and low-level execution, then this is a great role for you!
- Collaborate daily with software developers, product owners, and program managers to define requirements and ensure testability
- Develop scalable automated testing strategies and coordinate feedback from your collaborators
- Define/implement/maintain test automation for the Growthlife QA team
- Introduce effective quality methodologies to the Growthlife organization’s automation strategies and expand/improve existing automation
- Collaborate closely with partner teams to understand upstream/downstream dependencies and to facilitate development of integration/end-to-end tests
- Contribute to the release process for the Growthlife team
- Diagnose/debug/perform root cause analysis for issues in production/test environments, report defects, champion/drive/advocate for their resolution, and provide visibility/transparency into the value of your work
- Propose regression tests to discover recurring issues and drive the tests to 'automation complete'
- Create/maintain test data for automated testing and navigate through databases to analyze issues
- Identify gaps and drive improvements in engineering methodologies to ensure industry-leading system quality and team efficiency
- Apply software engineering best practices and agile approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree or the foreign equivalent in Computer Science or a closely related field with 2+ years of progressive experience in a software testing (SDET) and/or software development (SDE) occupation, including automated/manual testing of backend services and REST APIs
- Proficient in object-oriented design and expertise with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, C#, Kotlin, Scala, or similar
- Knowledge of at least one backend test automation frameworks (E.g., REST Assured, Karate, pytest, etc.)
- Experience working with version control software (E.g., GitHub) and issue/project tracking software (E.g., Jira)
- Experience working with software development/debugging tools (E.g., Postman, curl, Chrome dev tools)
- Experienced in defining/executing/maintaining test cases and experience with building out test plans for backend services
- Experience with SQL queries, stored procedures, and data analysis/validation
- Some experience with Jenkins or similar build tools
- Good understanding of quality-related agile methodologies and tools and validated experience using both during the SDLC
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (E.g., whiteboarding/diagramming system behavior)
- Proven experience demonstrating analytical skills, reporting, ownership, customer focus, and collaboration
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Kafka, Amazon SQS, and Kinesis
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, and continuous integration/delivery systems
- Experience writing Gherkin Syntax to facilitate the development of automated test scenarios
- Experience developing advanced mocking mechanisms (E.g., rule-based proxies and dummy-services)
- Experience with test suite/case/run management tools (E.g., qTest, TestRail, XRay, etc.)
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Hulu.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.