Software Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 913370BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop software & infrastructure that powers the DisneyPlus.com commerce experience including signup, account and subscription management.
- Contribute to code reviews, knowledge-sharing, and technical investigations.
- Collaborate with Senior and Lead Engineers to build features on Disney+ and Star+
- Partner with UX to transform mock-ups into engaging, accessible web experiences
WHAT TO BRING:
- Solid understanding of web technologies and the browser environment
- Excellent front-end debugging skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience shipping a production React/Node.js application
- Experience with developing applications in cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of web accessibility fundamentals
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.