Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 810018BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
Job Summary:Quality Platform supports a premium streaming service, offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Quality Platform consists of people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. As a team, we are able to touch a wide stack of technologies and come up with many tooling solutions to many of the problems the Quality organization might face. By doing so, you will never be bored and siloed into one project, where you have the ability to move to other projects and increase your skillset on all sorts of different projects.
As a Software Engineer with the Quality Platform team, you will never be bored. You will have the ability to touch all different technology stacks from Java, Python, React, Spinnaker, etc. This role is responsible for developing frameworks, test infrastructure, and other tools that are necessary for QA to do their job quicker and more efficient. There will also be a great deal of collaboration not only between your team, through things like Code Reviews and Mentorship, but with other teams within our organization to help develop solutions to their request
- Design, architect and implement across services and clients for large scope testing frameworks
- Ownership of daily engineering work; ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, launch,
monitor and maintain
- Actively mentor other engineers
- Treat quality as a habit and enforce software engineering best practices and appropriate design patterns
- 1-2 year(s) of relevant software engineering experience or software automation experience
- Proficiency in Java or Python
- Proficient in cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Spinnaker or Jenkins, and Kubernetes
- Does extremely well with communication, mentorship and collaboration skills
- Strong teamwork ethic and strive for perfection
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience or software automation experience
- Strong system design and analytical skills
- CI/CD experience/knowledge
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information:Alternate Location: Remote (Would need to work West Coast hours)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.