Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID P003350-R0010271 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Sep. 28, 2021
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive the live digital video delivery pipeline for the world’s premium online video service
- Design tools to support operations of a 24/7 live service
- Sweat every millisecond of latency
- Dream of the next big thing in video streaming
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 2 years of software development experience using Go
- Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, high-uptime backend systems
- Creative and resourceful problem solving, not taking ‘that’s just the way it is’ for an answer
- Experience working with large scale backend content delivery
- Deep understanding and passion for all aspects of video encoding and playback
- Software development experience using Python
Additional Information:Software Development
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.