Sr. CDN OperatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 910191BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 07, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Edge Operations team’s mission is to provide resiliency and availability of critical infrastructure in our various data centers and co-locations that power the media distribution of all of Disney Streaming’s world-class products.
For the role of Senior Network Operator, Disney Streaming is looking for a candidate specializing in caching technology and distributed networking, and operational experience in CDN edge services. This role will join the Media Systems Operations organization as part of a team working alongside our Operations, Infrastructure, and Media Distribution teams in managing our growing caching infrastructure. Areas of focus include:
- Provide senior tier-1 on call evaluation, escalation and support
- Actively monitor performance metrics across our caching infrastructure for issues
- Work to solve caching issues in concert with our edge engineering organization
- Participate in tooling development to automate and improve lifecycle and operational management of caching environment
- Point of contact for CDN edge services operations; collaborating with operations and infrastructure organizations as needed
- Design and develop procedures to make preemptive and immediate corrective actions that minimize risk
- Monitor for and react to alerts within the CDN edge services environment providing senior tier-1 support
- Provide clear communication/escalation/follow up/closure of alerts and maintenances to teams within the organization
- Collaborate with engineering and internal teams involved with maintaining our server infrastructure
- Write and improve team knowledgebase
- Support high profile content releases and events
- At least 5 years of related experience
- In-depth knowledge of HTTP/DNS/Internet architecture
- Understanding of HLS streaming video protocol and how it interacts with caching
- Experience in CDN operations environments
- Familiarity with web servers, preferably NGINX and HAProxy
- Experience working with Varnish Cache
- Experience with open-source software Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, and Traffic Control
- Knowledge of video players and impact on cache logic
- Experience with monitoring tools, preferably Grafana, Datadog
- Strong operational experience
- Passion for troubleshooting and debugging
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal/written communication skills with both business and technical teams
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, and GitHub
- Familiarity with cloud technologies AWS, GCP
- Experience working with ELK Stack for log analysis
- Familiarity with DevOps/CI/CD and automation software Ansible
- Familiarity with Python scripting language
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.