Sr Data EngineerApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7113968020220220 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The Data and Analytics team for Disney Streaming, a segment under the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is looking for a Senior Data Engineer. Data is essential for all our decision-making needs whether it’s related to product design, measuring advertising effectiveness, helping users discover new content or building new businesses in emerging markets. This data is deeply valuable and gives us insights into how we can continue improving our service for our users, advertisers and our content partners. Our Marketing Intelligence (MI) Data Tech team is seeking a hardworking Data Engineer with a strong technical background and passion for diving deeper into Big Data to develop state of the art Data Solutions.
The MI team is a comprehensive, global engineering team consisting of software, data, and quality assurance engineers, focused on building and optimizing enterprise-level lifecycle marketing activities by leveraging massive customer data to drive multi-channel targeting strategies.
Our mission is to use data and machine learning to improve marketing efficacy and retention rate across the customer life cycle. We do this by delivering the right information, to the right users, at the right time, and through the right channels. In order to achieve this, we need to ensure that our data platform can provide scalable, real-time and highly-performant data capabilities through batch and streaming pipelines to enable intelligent marketing strategies and a deep understanding of our customers’ behaviors.
- Work on large scale data processing and analysis to improve the efficacy of marketing strategies on the Disney Streaming’s business.
- Develop, scale, and optimize the data pipelines and platform components to create a unified customer profile and enable analytics insights.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and implementation of data-engineering infrastructure.
- Champion engineering excellence, including software design patterns, code reviews and automated unit/functional testing.
- Continuously optimize service response time and address challenges such as improving service availability and scalability
- Collaborate with product & program managers, researchers, analysts and marketers in an open, creative, and agile environment.
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years of professional programming and design experience in object oriented Python/Scala
- Strong knowledge of systems/application design & architecture
- Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies such as Databricks, EMR, S3, Spark
- Experience deploying and running AWS-based data solutions and familiar with tools such as Cloud Formation, Kinesis, and Athena
- Experience with graph-based data workflows using tools such as Apache Airflow
Preferred Qualifications :
- Knowledge of metadata management, data lineage, and principles of data governance
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience or familiarity with marketing technology stacks, integrating with ML platforms, experimentation frameworks or full stack development is a plus
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.