Sr Data Governance AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 932720BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Feb. 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
At Disney Streaming Services, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. Data Governance works closely with engineering, legal, information security, operations, back-end services and front-end technology teams to drive our governance strategy designed to ensure quality data that is both secure and compliant with internal and external compliance & legal guidelines such as CCPA and GDPR.
- Support metadata management processes and standards across all of the data domains to ensure data integrity and standardization
- Promote a culture of data governance by developing partnerships with data owners and stewards to promote data governance best practices
- Represent the team in discussions with technical and business stakeholders globally as a subject matter expert on our toolkit and roadmap for data protection and consent management.
- Serve as a SME on product interface and capabilities for select data domains
- Understand business requirements, translating them into actionable specifications including how data should be governed
- Help implement data governance performance and standards, while developing and implementing operating plans to achieve those standards via audits, automation and processes
- Communicate risk assessment and/or audit findings to management, develop improvements in the design and effectiveness of key controls including automation
- Provide support in performing data privacy and compliance for key issues related to PII, CCPA, legal guidance, launch preparedness and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations. Identifying and inventorying issues, suggested improvements, and aid in tracking and implementing fixes.
- BA or BS in Information Systems, CS, Analytical or similar background is desired.
- 3+ years’ experience in a data driven function and role such as a data governance analyst, quality assurance analyst, product owner, data analyst, or similar role diligently applying principles, practices, and theory for backlog and project management
- Strong sense of ownership over deliverables, as this role will have end-to-end responsibilities for certain data products
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of services-oriented architecture and development practices, including implementation of analytics and clickstream tracking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Minimum two years of experience in the technology industry, knowledge of clickstream datasets a plus.
- Experience with Data Governance Tools such as Alation, Collibra, Informatica, etc.
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as S3, Hadoop, Tableau, Looker, Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Redshift, Airflow
- 2+ years of Python, Pyspark or SQL
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.