Sr Data Product Manager, SubscriptionApply NowApply Later Job ID 904187BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Dec. 22, 2021 Flex Type On-Site
Disney Streaming Data team is seeking a Senior Data Product Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our growing data product management team. In this role, you will deliver data products and solutions for the Subscriber vertical of Disney Streaming. The ideal candidate is an experienced data product manager, capable of building products from ideas and with a proven track record of managing multi-year product roadmaps. This candidate builds fantastic relationships across all levels of the organizations and is recognized as a problem solver that looks to elevate the work of everyone around them. If you are passionate about data and creating products and capabilities to democratize data across the organization, then this is a great role for you.
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for data products and capabilities aligned to organizational and business goals
- Build relationships with key technology and business teams to ensure success
- Partner with Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Architecture, Data Quality & Governance, Product Design, and other Technical Program Management team members to develop, test, and deliver high quality products and features
- Lead and drive teams on all business readiness activities, including product planning, sequencing, testing, user education, rollout, iteration, and support
- Develop detailed product requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and success measures
- Identify risks, resolve key blockers, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Fill in gaps across roles and functions as needed, performing as an adaptive problem solver
- Champion a collaborative work environment that cultivates shared understanding, transparency, autonomy, innovation, and continuous learning
- 3+ years in product management experience with building and delivering successful data products, services and capabilities
- Planning acumen and proven ability to break down work and define an MVP, as well as subsequent iterations
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic and problem-solving skills
- Experience and comfort solving problems in an ambiguous environment where there is constant change. Have the tenacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis techniques and familiarity with common data science models and approaches to problem-solving. Generally: the ability to plan for what analysts and data scientists need to deliver
- Experience demonstrating leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and a standout colleague
- Managing large scale implementation of data sets including - data ingestion, integration and reporting tools experience
- Understanding of the Data science workflow, the terminology and the unique challenges associated with the domain
- Knowledge and experience with marketing technologies and systems (Salesforce, GA, multi-touch attribution, segmentation, campaign management, etc.)
- Shown experience in video streaming and OTT
- Experience with ThoughtSpot, Tableau or other visualization tools
- Experience with large scale enterprise applications using big data open-source solutions such as Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka, and Elastic Search / Solr
- Experience or knowledge of basic programming and DB's technologies (SQL, Python, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase, Oracle, MySQL, Teradata)
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Economics, or equivalent field.
- Advanced CS degree or MBA is a plus
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.