Sr Data Quality AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 960804BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 12, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
The ideal candidate will help to define, measure, support and certify the data pipelines and systems that serve data to our business and millions of users. We are looking for an amazing Sr Data Quality Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our
- Can recommend data quality tactical and strategic approach
- Identifies data anomalies and certify data
- Has the curiosity to research and learn new technologies and skills
- Employs positive thinking and can work constructively in a team setting
- Is passionate about data quality, BigData and related technologies
What You'll Do
- Use internal and external analytics tools to access, assess and certify data
- In-depth exploration of causes, trends, opportunities, and actions required to improve data quality of key metrics, KPIs, and additional data elements
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support data team, business units, and key stakeholders for complex data quality questions
- Perform all aspects of data quality testing, certification, and reporting
- Automate processes, procedures, and workflows to ease data quality certification process
- Collaborate with engineering, management, product, and business teams to improve data quality across products and projects
- 5+ years’ experience in SQL programming: ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate systemic defects and validate data quality
- 3-5+ years’ experience working with Big Data technologies (Cloudera, Hortonworks, Hadoop/Spark etc), relational databases (Sql ,mySql) as well as reporting tools like Tableau
- 3-5+ years of experience in programming languages like Python or Scala/Java; in addition to standard frameworks that implement data quality checks.
- Familiar with version control system like GIT
- Good math and statistic background to define advanced DQ checks
- Excellent analytical ability to understand business use cases and business processes in terms of data, root causes and recommended solutions/mitigations
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with various teams across the DATA organization
- Capability to assess and problem-solve complex issues
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills that translate across technical and business stakeholders
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and strive for results while dealing with ambiguity and tight deadlines
- Passion and creativity – Are passionate about data quality, technology, & creative innovation.
- 3-5 years of experience working in online services or entertainment industry
- Proficiency with agile development methodologies and process
- Good knowledge of cloud computing (AWS) and automation on it.
- Experience with real-time and very large scalable online systems are preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical discipline or its equivalent.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.