Sr Engineering Manager - Ad IntelligenceApply NowApply Later Job ID 10055487 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 31, 2023
Ad Platforms organization within Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology is fully responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining the high-performance, distributed, microservice-based Advertising Platform across all of Disney online properties, including Hulu and ESPN+. We build and maintain proprietary technology, ranging from ad serving and ad delivery, campaign management, reporting as well as all the integrations internal and external that come with evolving and maintaining a best-in-class video advertising business.
The Ad Intelligence team is under Ad Platforms and its mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of the advertising life cycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-domain team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, big data, microservices to data visualization. Our team is seeking a senior software engineering manager who will lead an engineering team within ad intelligence. This engineering group focuses on industry-leading ad decisioning solutions, big data infrastructure, operational data, audience solution, inventory forecasting and full funnel measurements as a foundation layer for Disney’s addressable Ad Platforms. The right person for this role should be experienced with big data technologies, high performance services, organization development, and crafting implementation for either service/data products or fullstack solutions. If you are someone who is proactive, hardworking, and enthusiastic in these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
- Lead a portfolio of engineering teams focused on the development of a next-generation, big-data and AI-powered advertising system, with the aim of enhancing Disney's addressable advertising platform capabilities
- Continuously evolve team mission, strategy and charter, and develop team structure for changing business needs and technology trend
- Drive adoption of the best engineering practices, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and automated integration testing
- Collaborate with program managers, product managers, SDET, and researchers in an open and innovative environment
- Recruit and mentor team members and first-line managers, fostering career development and providing guidance throughout their professional growth
- MS in computer science, EE or other quantitative subject area.
- 10+ years of professional programming in Scala, Java, Python, and etc.
- 2+ years of people and project management experience
- 6+ years of high-performance, high-scalable service design experience or equivalent bigdata design experience with Spark, Flink, Druid, Single Store, Snowflake, Kafka, Nifi or other AWS bigdata technologies
- 4+ years of experience in digital advertising
- Proven track record with cloud infrastructure technologies, at least two of Terraform, K8S, Spinnaker, IAM, ALB, and etc.
- In-depth experience of industry level highly available and scalable service
- Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level
- Strong knowledge of system, application design and architecture
- Passion about technologies, and openness to interdisciplinary work
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- PhD in computer science, EE or other quantitative subject area.
- Experience with machine learning and AI
- Experience with a widely used Web framework (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, etc.) and good knowledge of Web stack HTML, CSS, Webpack
- Experience with Click House, Impala, Presto, Redshift etc.
- Proficiency in establishing and scaling products or teams from inception (0 to 1) and expanding them to a larger scale (1 to 100).
The hiring range for this position in California is $180,646.00 - $242,330.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.