Sr Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10006181 Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
The Walt Disney Company’s Controllership team is seeking a Senior Financial Accounting Analyst (SFAA) who will be an exceptional addition to our Hulu Subscription Accounting team. This position will report to the Manager, Financial Accounting with direct exposure to the Senior Manager and Director. This position will support all accounting and financial reporting aspects of Hulu’s SVOD and Live TV subscription offerings. A successful candidate is a self-starter who is willing to embrace a challenge and continually seeks opportunities for efficiency, innovation, and process improvement.
- Assist in the ownership of the quarter-end close process related to Hulu’s SVOD and Live TV subscription offerings, including the preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform analytical reviews and variance analyses for key financial and operating metrics for submission to segment and corporate reporting
- Collaborate with Finance, Partnerships, Legal, and Tech teams to assist in implementing new business initiatives, support project deliverables, and provide financial reporting to support the needs of the business
- Review third party distribution, Live TV, and Premium network carriage agreements, as well as prepare monthly and quarterly cash payments required under those agreements
- Understand and maintain relationships with third party device, integrated billing, and wholesale partners
- Project manage the implementation of new business initiatives and assist with contract review, technical accounting research, and testing of system driven accounting to ensure financial transactions are recorded completely and accurately
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and help implement to obtain efficiencies
- Maintain an effective internal controls environment and update SOX process documentation for the entire subscription accounting cycle
- Support the annual financial statement audit as well as periodic internal audits and third party contractual audits
- Support ad hoc analyses, special projects, and business initiatives
- 3 to 5 years relevant accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Detail oriented while being able to think big picture
- Strong analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Organized, self-motivated, and comfortable working in fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Public accounting/auditing experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Industry experience in media and/or entertainment
- Experience with SAP financials
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu Enterprises, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu Enterprises, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.