Lead Front End Engineer, Hulu Content Management Tools team
Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 775501BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 30, 2021
Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Media Engineering team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
The Content Management Tools team is seeking a sharp, motivated Lead Front End Engineer to help build the portal that is the content backbone of Media Engineering. The team is responsible for the end-to-end technology used to ingest content from over 500 partners and deliver the highest quality video to tens of millions of users. As a part of this team, you will use technologies like React, Webpack, Django, MySQL, Redis, Kafka and native AWS resources such as DynamoDB, SQS, Elasticache, and Elasticsearch.
- Set engineering standards for the team and proactively seek out ways to improve the codebase
- Design well-architected solutions and deliver on them with code that is easy to develop, test, and maintain
- Mentor other developers on standards and best practices
- Write defensive and robust tests
- Take a user-centric approach to improving our content management systems, tools, and workflows
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for solving developer bottlenecks and the ability to do so in a React/Webpack/Node ecosystem
- Knowledge of core CS fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms (hashing, trees, graphs, search etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of relational, document, and graph databases
- An enjoyment for going deep on performance tuning and a love of owning problems end-to-end
- A desire to relentlessly pursue better ways to tackle problems and improve systems
- Experience with browser automation testing (Cypress, Selenium)
- Knack for designing Webpack'd deployments to the cloud (AWS)
- If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply. We want to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.