Senior Frontend EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 915363BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States / United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is looking for a motivated Senior Front End Software Engineer to join the Growth Engineering Tools team.
Our team is responsible for building internal tools helping various partners within Disney Streaming Services to manage product pricing information as well as subscription and billing system configurations supporting Disney+ and ESPN+ customers around the world. In addition, we provide visibility into user information relating to billing, payments, subscriptions for all Growth Engineering teams.
Responsibilities:Our team is primarily based out of the San Francisco office, with some engineers out of different locations in the United States. We are a fast paced and fast growing team, where you will have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of billing, payments, subscriptions, promotions and offers as our streaming services launch around the world over the next few years.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in comparing and evaluating competing technologies/languages/libraries used to implement sophisticated UX designs.
- Detailed knowledge of latest React/Redux (Thunk or Sagas)
- Experience working with GraphQL and/or enterprise API data modeling
- Experience and practical knowledge of CSS3 (styled-components or alternative)
- Experience with Express.js/Koa/Hapi/Restify or comparable Node.js framework
- Excellent grasp of software development fundamentals, software design patterns, unit testing and functional programming paradigms.
- Independent, proactive and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance.
- Strong motivation in picking up new domains and writing and shipping well-tested code
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work with multi-functional business partners
- Strong interpersonal and project coordination skills
- Experience presenting and advocating for architectural/technological choices.
- Experience developing workflow driven enterprise single page applications.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.