Sr. Manager, Events & Talent Relations (Hulu)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 873167BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Oct. 21, 2021
The ideal candidate is a seasoned marketer with a proven track record of driving experiences that garner press, increase brand awareness + revenue, foster strong community relations, improve loyalty, and acquire new supporters. Armed with a POV, they are influential, creative, intellectually curious, resourceful, and execution-obsessed. They work both autonomously and collaboratively and possess a management style that emphasizes transparency, collaboration, communication, and commitment on all levels.
The role reports to the Vice President of Events and Talent Relations and works closely with the Originals Marketing, Public Relations, Social, Awards, and Content teams within Hulu and across TWDC divisions.
- Align with key internal executives in developing and executing integrated experiential strategies based on partner goals, budget, and company priorities.
- Lead market research, competitive intelligence, and needs assessment initiatives to guide campaign development and create a robust portfolio across verticals and incubator businesses. Ensure portfolio delivers the optimal mix and must-attend value proposition to consumers and centers of influence.
- Lead, plan, and drive campaigns from inception to completion, including development and execution of the creative brief, sourcing, venue logistics, audience and guest experience, artist and talent hospitality, production logistics, scheduling and budget, broadcast production, experiential installation, and the overall production.
- Strategically approach each campaign with a fresh perspective, identify opportunities to infuse creativity throughout, pull in best practices, offer engaging solutions and ensure activations are focused, deliver value to the attendee, and live beyond the in-person experience in a variety of formats.
- Continually evaluate the talent relations program to cultivate new and deepen existing creator relationships.
- Partner with E/CDs to explore, refine, and select a creative direction for each campaign, delivering consistency and continuity across channels.
- Identify, select, and own major relationships with suppliers and agencies contracted to execute production and technical aspects of live services, events, and content.
- Negotiate financial and contractual terms and work closely with legal in preparing, administering, and executing contracts.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of an evaluation framework to assess the portfolio’s strengths and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Drive line-item budget and reconciliation.
- Act as chief talent liaison for events, festivals, and marketing shoots.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with talent, publicists, managers, agents, and show production.
- Operate with a “no surprises” commitment to business and key partners, and become a role model for communication and collaboration.
- Author and publish internal experiential brand guidelines, playbooks, best practices, and self-serve resources.
- Research and introduce new technologies, event tools, and partners.
- Support compliance with policy and procedures.
- 7+ years of relevant experience; publicity/brand/studio/network/agency; end-to-end ownership producing experiential/music/festival events, film/TV premieres, and working with talent, representatives, and executives.
- 3+ years of demand generation experience, specifically working on marketing programs with direct responsibility for program results; identifying new markets and advertising tactics to encourage business growth; analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of existing campaigns.
- Passion for Hulu content, storytelling, television, entertainment, pop culture, production, and events.
- Super-human interpersonal and leadership skills to creatively solve problems through negotiation, tact, and diplomacy. A track record of leading high performing teams.
- Discernment. You habitually exercise discretion with internal, sensitive, and confidential business; you're keenly aware of your location, audience, surroundings, and who might be listening.
- Marketing prowess; you think equal parts strategically, analytically, and creatively and use research-based and cultural insights to inform your decision making.
- True mastery of event logistics, i.e., guest journey, venue decisions, permitting, ROS + event flow, food + beverage, décor, rentals, staffing, transportation, security, audio visual, content, guest demographic, riders, tech packs, insurance.
- A maniacal focus on the details, multitasking without missing a beat, swift follow up and an efficient and organized approach to project management.
- Self-direction with a high sense of urgency–a proactive and adaptable "doer"; entrepreneurial and comfortable operating with ambiguity and change; eager to learn and build; a no-task-too-small mentality; unafraid to ask questions, raise your hand for help, or offer it up.
- Expert knowledge of the event and entertainment industry's trends, practices, and terminology.
- Savoir-faire re: the nuances of working with executives, talent, and industry representatives.
- Other-worldly verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in commonly used cloud-based software: Microsoft 365, G-Suite, Apple iWorks, Slack, SFDC.
- Ability to travel, work evenings, holidays, and weekends as needed.
- Experience within a subscription-based business is a plus but not required.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.