Sr. Manager, Social Media - Onyx Collective (Hulu)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 886046BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 17, 2021
- Report to the VP of Marketing and Publicity.
- Leader within the Onyx Collective marketing team, guiding the social efforts for tentpole campaigns and cementing processes and operations to make the team more efficient and effective.
- Be a cross-functional teammate who engages, listens and collaborates with internal teams on Onyx Collective’s overall marketing strategy.
- Develop strong working relationships with talent, reps, and studio partners, acting as a central hub for social-related talent questions and issues.
- Work in lockstep with internal teams (content, publicity, social and creative marketing) to align on brand and campaign strategy and execution to deliver on KPIs.
- Be an inspiring peer and help develop out of the box and first-to-market experiences, activations, and content that will drive social conversations and increase sentiment.
- Work to clear a path to help bring these first of their kind experiences to life.
- Work closely with the media team to ensure that creative and media investments are aligned and effective.
- Track budget and spend for social initiatives.
- Work with external partners/agencies to implement brand and content marketing/social initiatives.
- Drive the organic and paid social content strategy to foster deeper conversation and earned media around Onyx Collective.
- Identify new audiences and areas of focus and work cross functionally to determine business opportunity and subsequent marketing tactics.
- Analyze performance metrics regularly, making necessary recommendations for improvement.
- Define long term and campaign level goals across the brand, channels and shows, working towards the overarching Onyx Collective goal to be best in class.
- Collaborate with the team of social media marketers to pursue and deliver excellence.
- Coordinate and develop social standard methodologies, strategies and approach with other departments who utilize social accounts, platforms and strategies to achieve their business objectives.
- Collaborate and communicate plans with internal teams across the DGE enterprise.
- Provide thought leadership and perspective on embedding an inclusive and culturally relevant approach to cross company initiatives including authentic representation, storytelling and language.
- 8+ years of professional experience in social media, digital marketing at a network or studio.
- Passion for storytelling and amplifying underrepresented voices in television and entertainment
- Ability to think equal parts strategically, analytically, and creatively and use research based and cultural insights
- Experience managing creative development and demanding creative excellence
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and collaborative working style – ability to inspire, motivate and lead cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Ambitious record of developing and executing successful large-scale campaigns/initiatives using data and metrics to measure impact and determine necessary pivots.
- Experience managing external agencies/partners/talent without oversight.
- Proven results building a social following across a variety of channels and using social to drive activation and sales/subscriptions.
- A proven and deep understanding of the entertainment social media landscape, platform standard methodologies and consumers’ (social) media behaviors.
- Proficiency in social media management publishing and engagement standard methodologies.
- Experience presenting campaigns and delivering results to external talent and stakeholders as well as internal c-suite executives.
- Direct paid social experience.
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.