Sr Product DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 873284BR Location Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 02, 2021
Hulu’s Product Design team is seeking a Senior Product Designer that can build design strategy and solutions to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. Our Discover UX team’s mission is to simplify the content discovery journey and make it easier for users to jump back into their favorites and explore new content along the way.
The ideal person will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas throughout the end-to-end design process. From planning to research, design, testing, and rollout, you’ll use your human-centered design approach, product mindset, and strong interpersonal skills to deliver results through cross-functional team collaboration.
To apply, please share your resume and portfolio of your recent work.
What you’ll do
- Work on design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate. You will work closely with other mid-level/senior designers to jam on ideas, prototype, execute, and deliver functional designs
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner with engineering, product, and business folks to find sophisticated but practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- Provide design support to qualitative user research, eg. usability testing, online survey studies, card-sorting, etc.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Other tasks to support fellow designers to ideate and execute design solutions
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience working in a consumer product focused environment
- Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- A portfolio demonstrating experience launching responsive web, mobile app or other products
- Proven track record creating wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and specs to describe the user experience and interface
- Have a great eye for visual design and be detail-oriented to execute high quality design directions
- Be proficient in Human Centered Design methodology and design trends in the industry and consumer space
- Be able to communicate directly with fellow designers, design manager, product managers, stakeholders, and developers to translate their visions and constraints, into beautiful, functional products that will delight our users
- Experience working with developers throughout the development lifecycle
- Proficient in creating and prototyping design using Figma
- Nice to have:
- Experience in designing for Living Room devices (eg. TV UI/UX)
- Experience in leading usability testing studies and synthesizing user feedback, user research and user data into measurable product decisions
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.